Saturday, March 6, 2010

Master bedroom design

My personal style of decor is quite eclectic, I like to call it 'shabby chic'.  Nothing matches, but everything coordinates.  I think my sense of thriftiness was programmed at an early age, because I have trouble buying ANYTHING new, and certainly don't pay full retail price very often.  The list for decor in the master bedroom included:


  • New paint job
  • duvet cover
  • dressers & side tables
  • chair
Before - this is the real estate listing photo with the decor from the previous owners.
Stage 1: added our bed & newly purchased 'used' dressers
Paint colour is: Rona 'Charcoal" #239-53.  This colour matches the piping on the duvet covet.  The headboard is antique wrought iron spray painted white. 

Both dressers and the little night table were purchased on Craigslist, along with the dresser mirror (separate find from the dresser). The antique chair was purchased at a local thrift store.

1 comment:

  1. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity.. Succulent Alley

    ReplyDelete